Virtually Science - Lunch Box Science
Brand: Virtually Science
Product Code: VRS-LBS
Availability: In Stock
Note: Please account for delivery times when ordering if you plan to participate in the live Zoom Experiment. Items ship from our Boise, ID warehouse. To discuss delivery time estimates to your location, please contact sales at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 800-985-7836 x3.
By purchasing this product you are agreeing the the terms of service found here.
Virtually Science - Lunch Box Science
- Grades: K-5
- Number of Students: 1-2
- Hours of Lessons: 2-3 hrs
- Curriculum Sample (please contact email@example.com for a copy)
Virtually Science is a STEM Club that combines exciting hands-on Science activities with Virtual online learning demonstrations. Try a mind-blowing science experiment, with an actual scientist, the last Wednesday of each month. Join scientists Rebecca Fisher and Jason Lindsey, via Zoom, as they show you the science behind the experiment. You can ask questions, watch them do experiment exclusives, and more.
Lunch Box Science is the first of many planned Virtually Science at-home boxes. Lunch Box Science will focus on the properties of matter and chemical reactions.
Virtually Science - Lunch Box Science Experiments:
- Lesson/Experiment #1 - Leakproof Bag - Standard: Properties of Matter
- Lesson/Experiments #2 - Icy Hot - Standard: Properties/States of Matter
- Lesson/Experiment #3 - Dancing Raisins - Standard: Properties of Matter
On January 27th 2021 at 6:00 p.m. Central Time, Jason Lindsey & Rebecca Fisher will conduct a 30 minute demonstration with engaging STEM experiments via Zoom. Your student(s) can interact, ask questions, and virtually explore Science with these two well known Scientists. They will demonstrate how the activities your student(s) completed that month apply in the real World and provide additional bonus activities your student can do with adult supervision. (Zoom experiments will be recorded for those who are unable to attend the live presentation)
Zoom call Experiments/Demos:
- Notebook Spring Launcher (notebook springs)
- Elephant Toothpaste (H2O2, yeast, food color, dish soap) - Jason Lindsey demonstrates a simple chemical reaction that creates a fun, foamy mess!
- The Fire Extinguisher (tea candle, flask w/arm, pie pan) - Watch Rebecca Fisher make a fire extinguisher using a simple chemical reaction found in your kitchen.
- Zoom video will be recorded for those unable to attend live demonstration.
- Two Activity Cards - Energy & Matter
- Large Ziplock Bags
- Sharpened Pencils
- 2 Clear Plastic Cups
- Food Color
- Effervescent Tablet
- Notebook Springs
Optional: If you would like to follow along the Zoom Experiment with Jason & Rebecca, please purchase the following items separately: H2O2 (Hydrogen Peroxide), yeast, dish soap, tea candle, flask w/arm, and a pie pan. Experiments can be done anytime, the theme is for fun, but the experiments/activities in each box are based on foundational scientific concepts. Zoom calls will be recorded and a link to the recorded call can be provided.
Science Safety | PLEASE follow these safety precautions when doing any science experiment.
• ALWAYS have an adult present.
• ALWAYS wear the correct safety gear while doing any experiment.
• NEVER eat or drink anything while doing any experiment.
• REMEMBER experiments may require marbles, small balls, balloons, and other small parts. Those objects could become a CHOKING HAZARD. Adults are to perform those experiments using these objects. Any child can choke or suffocate on uninflated or broken balloons. Keep uninflated or broken balloons away from children.
About Jason Lindsey (aka: Mr. Science) with Hooked on Science
Jason Lindsey, aka "Mr. Science, with Hooked on Science, is a nationally-recognized STEM educator, science multimedia journalist, digital meteorologist, and author. He’s appeared on the NBC Today Show, Fox & Friends, RFD-TV, WeatherNation, and television stations, across the United States, getting America “Hooked on Science.” Jason visits hundreds of schools each year inspiring kids to be inquisitive about the world around them and to develop a long-term interest in science and math. His hands-on, kid-friendly, science enrichment classes and camps are offered throughout the year and have hooked thousands of kids on science.
Jason previously worked as a chief meteorologist, multimedia science journalist, and web content manager at television stations across the United States. Jason now produces and hosts a hands-on science syndicated television segment. Jason is a STEM professional and brings real-world science connections to schools. He is an award-winning meteorologist and holds the National Weather Association broadcast “Seal of Approval.”
Lindsey has designed hands-on science curriculum and interactive media for Veggie Tales, Raddish Kids, Hefty, the Ministry of Education in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the Missouri Department of Transportation, the Southern Illinois Miners, and more.
Jason brings science to life and is sure to get your child or student excited about the wonders of Science.
About Rebecca Fisher (aka Professor Beakerz) with Beakerz
With an MS in Education and 17 years of instructional experience, Rebecca Fisher founded Beakerz with the hopes of inspiring our youngest generation to explore, discover and become innovators.
Rebecca believes in bringing the wonders of science to young learners and sparking a love for this important field of study early on. She founded Beakerz to bring hands-on and fun-filled lessons to your students. Beakers is an experiment-based science education company that offers science classes and kits through a variety of science experiments, which makes learning fun and memorable. Children are introduced to the core concepts of science to give them a solid foundation moving forward in the growing STEM-focused educational world. Beakerz classes keep students engaged and learning, with take-home activities and experiments to help ensure learning reinforcement.
CHOKING HAZARD - This toy is a marble. Not for children under 3 years.