eceSTEM Electricity Kit
- Recommended Grades: 3-6
- Number of Students: 24 working in six groups of four
- Hours of Lessons/Activities: 11+
Students will explore electricity and how it flows, converts, and provides energy. Students will explore static electricity, build electromagnets, design series and parallel circuits, explore conductivity and build their own flash light.
Major Concepts & Big Ideas:
- What is static electricity? How does it behave?
- How do you build an electromagnet? What will it do?
- What is a series circuit? How is it built?
- What is conductivity? How can it be tested?
- Design, build, and test a parallel circuit.
- How much electrical energy do we use and how can we conserve it?