eceSTEM Plants Kit
- Recommended Grades: K-3
- Number of Students: 24 working in six groups of four
- Hours of Lessons/Activities: 14+
Students will design experiments to show how plants grow and what parameters are needed to provide for and sustain growth. Students will observe the plant growth process from seeds to a mature plant in 6-8 weeks. They will explore all parts of a plant and the functions of each. Students will also build a terrarium bringing all the necessary plant growth concepts together.
Major Concepts & Big Ideas:
- What is soil? Why is it important?
- What are seeds? How do seeds germinate?
- What types of soil help plants grow? What types of soil harm plant growth?
- Design and build terrariums that will provide the needed environmental conditions for plants to grow and thrive
- Where are plants found in nature? What are the different parts of plants?