VEX Winch and Pulley Kit
This kit provides the ability to implement a winch and pulley system and create block and tackle mechanisms to utilize mechanical advantage.
- Lift, lower, hang, drag, and more.
- Configurable for many applications.
- Ratchet and Pawl can be engaged to prevent back driving.
Ratchet & Pawl Options
The image below shows how the pawl engages with the ratchet wheel. The VEX Ratchet and Pawl must be mounted in specific configuration to avoid slipping of the Ratchet Gear. The image to the right illustrates proper mounting of the VEX Pawl in relation to the VEX Ratchet Gear. The pawl can be spring loaded with a rubber band so it is always in contact with the ratchet wheel, or alternately can be driven with a servo or motor so the user can control engagement.
- (1) Winch Bracket
- (1) Winch Drum
- (1) Ratchet Gear
- (1) Winch Pawl
- (8) VEX Pulley
- (1) Rope Section 4-foot (122cm)
- Ratchet Gear mates with the Pawl only.
- Winch Drum, Ratchet Gear, Pawl and Pulleys work with VEX Drive Shafts 0.125" (3.2mm)
- Winch Bracket: Cold Rolled Steel per ASTM A-1008 CS Type B (approx 40ksi tensile strength)
- Green Parts: Acetal
- Rope: Nylon, Solid Braided (Ultimate Tensile Strength: 100lbs)
- Winch Bracket: 0.046" (1.17mm)
- Winch Bracket: Zinc Plated
- Winch Bracket: 0.182 square (VEX standard)
- Rope Diameter: 0.125" (3.18mm)
- Winch Bracket: 0.190 lbs
- Winch Drum: 0.024 lbs
- Ratchet Gear: 0.012 lbs
- Winch Pawl: 0.002 lbs
- VEX Pulley: 0.006 lbs
- Rope Section: 0.010 lbs