NAO Docking Station - Red
Brand: SoftBank Robotics
Product Code: ALD-DOCKR
Availability: In Stock
NAO Docking Station - Red
The charging seat is especially designed for NAO to improve the user experience and safety. After NAO autonomously sits down on the seat, its battery starts to charge automatically. A must-have for any user who wants to work with NAO in a lab/classroom setting.
- Power input: 110 VAC
- Dimensions : 9(W) x 11(D) x 12,6(H)
- Weight: 11.6lbs
- 1 Year Warranty
Today, NAO is the leading humanoid robot being used in research and education worldwide.
Robotics is the fastest growing and most advanced technology used in education and research. The NAO humanoid robot is the ideal platform for teaching Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) concepts at all levels.
By using the NAO platform, instructors and researchers stay current with major technical and commercial breakthroughs in programming and applied research. Using NAO guarantee students, the best possible career and college readiness!
It is equipped with many sensors: Tactile Sensors, Ultrasonic sensors, A Gyro, An Accelerometer, Force Sensors, Infrared sensors, 2 HD Cameras, 4 Microphones and high accuracy digit al encoders on each joint. It has two processors on board: an Intel Atom 1.6Ghz (The main computer includes SSD drive, WiFi, Bluetooth and wired network) and an additional ARM-9 processor in its chest.
The advanced software package includes a full SDK and API in Java, C++, C# (.N et), Matlab, and Python. Every robot comes standard with Choregraphe, an award winning software that makes it easy to program the robot using a drag and drop interface which simplifies the prog ramming for new and advanced users alike. The software package includes an advanced simulation software based on Webots.
ADVANTAGES TO USING NAO FOR STUDENTS
- Hands-on experience by connecting theory with practice to discover a wide range of fields linked to robotics such as computer science, mechanics, electronics or control.
- Inspiring a high level of motivation & interest for engineer careers. For example: studying control to grasp objects or computing matrix or face detection to get NAO moving become exciting projects
- Fostering team work, project management, problem solving and communication skills.
ADVANTAGES TO USING NAO FOR TEACHERS
- Projects or labs based approach for teaching core subjects: Reading, Writing, Trigonometry, Algebra ... as well as Robotics and Computer Science
- Improvement of achievement & learning effectiveness
- Increasing of female student enrollment and student engagement