eceSTEM Sound Kit
- Recommended Grades: 1-3
- Number of Students: 24 working in six groups of four
- Hours of Lessons/Activities: 13+
Students will explore how waves, vibrations and sound travel and change with different conditions. Students will make waves and see what creates sound, sound waves, and vibrations, use tuning forks to investigate pitch (frequency), volume (amplitude), and changes in sound, along with how waves and sound waves travel. They will also build a device that will reduce unwanted noise!
Major Concepts & Big Ideas:
- What are waves?
- What creates sound? What is a sound vibration?
- How does sound change? What is pitch?
- How do sound waves travel?
- Design and build a device that reduces unwanted noise.
- What is noise pollution? What causes noise pollution?