STEM Sports® - Football Program Kit
Brand: STEM Sports
Product Code: SSP-FTB1
Availability: In Stock
STEM Sports® - Football Program Kit
- Recommended Grades: 3-8
- Number of Students: 12 Students working in pairs
- Number of Lessons: 8 Modules
- Curriculum Sample
STEM Football is an engaging educational enrichment program that includes an 8-module curriculum rooted in Next Generation Science Standards. STEM Football is flexible and can be implemented in a classroom setting, afterschool enrichment programs, or within a summer camp model. This program was designed for Grades 5-8 but depending on the environment, could be used for older or younger age groups.
Participating students receive a STEM education while simultaneously learning the science behind the sport of football. Each student has access to a football-themed “Kit”consisting of a teacher manual, sporting equipment, and other necessary items for teachers to properly implement the program.
It's recommended that each STEM Football Kit serve 12 students or six pairs of students. Kits can be used numerous times.
In addition to the teacher manual, a single Football Kit includes:
- (6) youth size footballs
- (6) foam footballs
- (6) pairs of Cutters gloves
- (6) digital timers
- (6) 25' tape measures
- (2) walkie-talkies
- (1) headset
- (1,000) craft sticks
- (2) disc cones
- (1) blindfold
- (1) weight scale
- (1) ball bag
- (1) ball pump
- (1) set of inflation needles
- (1) STEM Football manual
The football curriculum consists of eight (8) modules that can be completed in any order. Lesson topics include:
- Arm Strength: Youth Football Vs. Foam Football
- Technological Advancements and Improved Quarterback Play
- The Advancement of In-Game Football Communication
- The Evolution of a Football Helmet
- Extra Points vs. Two-Point Conversion Success
- Intricacies of a Football Field and Engineering Design Process
- Calculating Football Distances
- Properties of a Football and a Foam Football
Video - Integrating STEM Sports into your afterschool program:
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How many students does each Kit serve?
A single Football Kit can serve up to 12 students, or six pairs of students.
- How long does each Kit last?
No item in any STEM Sports Kit is perishable. Therefore, Kits can be used numerous times over several years with normal wear and tear.
- How many total students can a single Kit serve over time?
Literally hundreds. Each of the eight lessons/modules is designed for groups of 12 students. If a classroom has 24 students, they would break up into two groups and the same lesson would be administered to all 24 students, simultaneously. If the entire kit was used in four different classrooms over the course of one-half of a school year, 96 students would be served or as many as 192 over the course of one year.
- What program format are Kits most effective in?
All STEM Sports programs are strategically designed for flexibility. This allows them to be implemented in a variety of settings. STEM Football is equally effective whether administered in traditional classrooms, afterschool programs, summer camps, or weekend retreats.
- Who can teach the STEM Sports program?
STEM Football is strategically designed to allow anyone with a basic understanding of STEM principles to administer the program. Teacher manuals provide instructors with the the proper framework and tools to implement each lesson plan.
- What is the Kit(s) shipping/delivery time upon placing an order?
Depending on the final delivery destination, Kits are normally delivered within two to three weeks of order placement. Please note that delivery time is subjected to respective location, and therefore may arrive shortly before or after the two-week period.