Engineering Pathways Mobile STEM Lab
- Grades: 3-8
- Number of Students: 4
- Hours of Curriculum: 120+
- Product Specifications Sheet
The Engineering Pathways Lab supports Kid Spark’s Elementary (3-5) and Middle School (6-8) programs and covers a broad range of technologies and curriculum. Students learn about mechanisms and movement, applied mathematics, programmable robotics and computational thinking, simple and compound machines, and rapid prototyping & 3D printing. Students drive their own learning through hands-on design and engineering challenges by defining problems, asking questions, and challenging their own thinking to learn through iteration.
This lab features two robotic platforms (remote control and programmable). The easy-to-use remote control Maker ROK-Bot requires no programming and makes the study of motorized mechanisms and machines easy and fun. The programmable ROKduino (Arduino-compatible robotics controller) introduces students to coding, sensors, motors, and autonomous robotic design. Students with little to no coding experience start with simple and intuitive drag and drop block coding and can transition to text-based coding when they are ready.
Resources for this lab include access to the Kid Spark curriculum library, online teacher lessons plans, student curriculum packets and workbooks, instructional videos, teacher tutorials, ready-made program sketches, and a digital 3D parts library.
- Over 371 reusable engineering building components
- One lab serves 4 students
- Multiple labs can be stacked on a single rolling base
- The Kid Spark curriculum follows the NGSS Three Dimensions of Science Learning: Crosscutting Concepts, Science and Engineering Practices, and Disciplinary Core Ideas
Curriculum Units Supported
STEM Fundamentals (Grades 3-5)
- Mechanisms and movement
- Applied mathematics
- Robotics 101
- Robotics - exploring sensors
Applications in Design & Engineering (Grades 6-8)
- Kid Spark basics
- Simple machines
- Compound machines
Systems of Technology (Grades 6-8)
- Rapid prototyping & 3D printing
- Robotics & coding 101
- Robotics & coding - sensors
- Integrated engineering challenges
- Advanced engineering challenges
**NOTE: A URL link to full curriculum will be provided after purchase. No returns and extra shipping charges may apply on this product - please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details
**NOTE: Lab requires 9 AA batteries. Not included with purchase.
Kid Spark Education / Rokenbok Video: