Makeblock mBot-S Entry-Level Programmable Robotics Kit
- Recommended Grades: 3+
mBot-S is the entry-level robot kit in the mBot series and targets users 8 years old and above. The mBot-S can be assembled in less than 30 minutes. After building, users can control the robot or play games via mobile apps, or write code with Makeblock’s visual programming software mBlock 5. For educators of elementary school and above, this is a great tool for teaching computer science class, robotics class, and other STEAM classes.
- One LED matrix is added to the original mBot as another visual output channel to show words or shapes
- Increase the fun of learning to code and keep students engaged compared to pure software-based coding
- Simple enough to build for kids 8 years old and above and to follow the tutorials in the app to learn coding
- Additional add-on packs extend the excitement of learning with mBot-S
A Simple yet Real Robotics Experience
The mBot-S provides users with a real robotics experience with a professional level feel. Users learn what components most robots use: motors, sensors, mechanical structure, and a control board.
Easily Teach Computer Science and Robotics
Educators can easily teach introductory coding language Scratch and more advanced languages like Arduino C. This tool also allows students to learn concepts of robotics, and develop teamwork and problem solving skills.
Programmable Components and Sensors
- Input: Ultrasonic sensor, light sensor, line-following sensor, IR transmitter/receiver
- Output: Motors, RGB lights, buzzer, LED matrix