EZ-Robot Adventure Bot
Product Code: EZR-0034
Availability: In Stock
EZ-Robot Adventure Bot
- Grades: 6+
- EZ-Robots are visual learners: The camera features advanced vision learning, detection and tracking abilities. Your ezrobot can interact with objects, colors, faces, motion, glyphs, and QR codes!
- Simply clip'n'play: Customize your robot with ez-bits. All ezrobot Revolution parts include ez-bit connections. Simply slide the tab into the slot to establish a secure bond. The parts may be separated by sliding them apart. Multiple ez-bits can be connected together to make arms, legs, or anything else you dream up!
- Education in the classroom, afterschool, and at home: In the classroom or at home, ezrobot Revolution has a big impact on STEM education. Learn about robots, and have fun doing it! With hundreds of tutorials, no questions are left unanswered. Personalizing your ezrobot with new behaviors will teach students how robots walk, see, hear and interact with their surroundings to solve problems using a combination of science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
- Live streaming video: Give your robot or IoT project the gift of sight with live real-time streaming video. View the video on your mobile device or PC over the WiFi connection of the EZ-B.
- Streaming audio - music, voices or sound fx: Robots need a voice! The EZ-B has a built-in speaker to stream audio in real-time from the PC or Mobile Device. Play music, sound effects or even text-to-speech through your robot or IoT project.
- Software that's easy to use: If hardware is the heart of your ezrobot, then software is the soul. Introducing ez-builder, the world's easiest, most powerful, and most scalable robotics software. ez-builder takes a productive and unique approach to programming your robot. Simply add behaviors such as camera tracking, speech recognition, Wii controllers, GPS, gait animator, and hundreds more!
- Teach your robot animations: Like a flip book, the Auto Position in ez-builder is used to animate gaits of your ezrobot. It's like magic! Simply move your robot into positions to create an animation routine. Playback animations based on triggers, such as when the robot sees your face or responds to a voice command. It is now easier than ever to teach your robot how to move, dance, climb stairs and more!
- Mobile control: Use an Android or iOS mobile device with apps from our ez-cloud app store to control your robot or IoT project. Have an idea for a robot app? Create a robot app and share with it the world. ezrobot makes everyone an app developer!
- 3D printable open source parts: The 3D printable CAD files of Revolution Robots and ez-bits are available in the CAD tab of each product, in the 3D Printing Section, or in the ez-builder software. 3D print your own robot parts or ask our community to 3D print the parts you choose. Create and share your own designs with other ezrobot users from around the world!
- The ez-bv4/2 is your robot's high tech brain: At the heart of over 20,000 robots worldwide is the ez-bv4/2. The world's most powerful and compact robot brain, suitable for all skill levels – from beginner to advanced. The stylish white plastic shell protects the speaker and electronics, with a speaker chamber for clear, enhanced audio. For advanced users, the ez-bv4/2 may be removed from its casing and mounted directly in your custom robot.
- Compact size (5cm x 5cm x 3cm)
- Wi-Fi connectivity (ad-hoc/infrastructure/WEP/WPA/WPA2)
- 220MHz 32-bit total processing with two 32-bit ARM Cortex processors
- Small size (2.1" x 2.2")
- Embedded web & telnet server
- Energy efficient digital switching power supply
- Re-settable fuse protection
- Reverse polarity protection
- Amplified speaker for streaming speech and music audio
- 1 x real-time EZ-B v4 Camera port
- 8 x 5 volt tolerant analog (ADC) ports
- 24 x 5 volt tolerant digital ports (servos, PWM, and more)
- Supports up to 73 servos (combining PWM and Dynamixel)
- Dynamixel servo support
- 3 x I²C ports
- 3 x high speed UART ports
- Battery and temperature monitor
What Makes EZ-Robot Different?
EZ-Robot products offload processing to more powerful third party CPUs, such as an iOS/Android mobile device, tablet, or PC. This approach provides users with an easy-to-use and feature rich development environment which, unlike competitive products, is not limited to programmers. This approach not only saves weight and space on the robot chassis, but also power consumption. This is an efficient approach to direct battery consumption where it is needed on a robot most... to its motors.
Scales With New Technology
Another benefit with offloading processing is that product features mature in parallel with dependent device technology growth (PCs, Mobile Devices). This offers EZ-Robot parallel development initiatives in conjunction with supporting industries, which leverage EZ-Robot’s processing capabilities that result in additional features and increased usability. In short, new EZ-Robot features are added as computers, mobile devices and software evolves.
Point & Click Programming
Using PCs and Mobile Devices for the Robot GUI offers high level (easy) and low level (difficult) programming features, neither of which sacrifice functionality. This enables creative designers, dabblers and programmers to produce robots which would otherwise require teams of programmers and engineers years of work.
Competitive products which offer embedded device programming ability (i.e. microcontrollers) require advanced programming experience, which contradicts educational and mass-adoption initiatives – not everyone is a programmer or has an interest in programming. While embedded device programming has historically been a familiar method in robotics, today’s highly computational and feature-rich products require distributed processing. This methodology splits the robot industry into several fields and categories. Similar to other developed industries (automotive, computers, medical), robotics is splitting into many fields of discipline. Each discipline’s responsibility is becoming too advanced for an individual to be great at all of them. EZ-Robot’s user workflow was built for this approach. While competitive robot products focus on either programming (microcontrollers) or usability (toys), EZ-Robot differs by providing components for all disciplines within the industry of robotics.