Video Game Making 101 Enrichment Class
Brand: All About Learning
Product Code: AAL-VGM12-10
Availability: In Stock
Grades: 5 and up
Suggested Class Time: 12 to 15 Hours
Number of Student Licenses: 10
Students learn how to design and modify their own exciting arcade style video games through the use of in-game tutorials to guide them along the creation of the game. They will learn how to control characters, objects, as well as outcomes in their game. They will then increase the difficulty level and add more features. Graphic design further develops their game and graphic animation topics will also be explored. Students will learn to design their own version of PacMan and several other games. Lessons incorporate basic technical vocabulary.
- Instructor Guide & Installation Instructions (digital copy)
- Student Lesson Workbook (digital copy)
- 10 - 7-Week Student Licenses
- 1 - 7-Week Teacher License
- Students must have their own e-mail address to participate.
- Once Voucher is activated, it is good for 7 weeks - can be extended by repurchasing.
- Vouchers will be emailed to the instructor, along with instructions for distributing to students.
- Recommended that students have a flash drive to save their game.
- Computer Required - Not compatible with Macs.
- Intel® Pentium® II 450MHz or faster processor (or equivalent) running Windows98, SE, Me, 2000, XP (and later)
- 128 MB RAM
- DirectX 8 or higher compatible graphics card with at least 16MB of video memory (preferably 32 MB or more). Also a DirectX 8 or higher compatible sound card is required. DirectX version 8.0 or later is required
- Flash Player 7 or above.