Ultimaker Breakaway Material
Ultimaker Breakaway is a support material for multi-extrusion 3D printing. Breakaway support is quick to remove and does not need further post-processing for a quality finish on your 3D print. Designed for a hassle-free 3D printing experience, Breakaway provides good adhesion to ABS, Nylon, PLA, Tough PLA, CPE, or CPE+.
Reasons to choose Ultimaker Breakaway
- No sanding or waiting for your support material to dissolve. Simply print and break it away
- Ensures a high-quality surface finish on your model
- Good adhesion to ABS, Nylon, PLA, Tough PLA, CPE, or CPE+
- Longer shelf life and less moisture sensitive compared to water-soluble support material, such as PVA
- Ideal for use with build materials that could be sensitive to water
Removing Breakaway Support
STEP 1: TEAR - Begin by removing the majority of the inner support structure, using gripping pliers to tear away the interior area.
STEP 2: PULL - Loosen the support from the model around the corners with cutting pliers. Pull the Breakaway support from the model.
STEP 3: PEEL - If a layer of support remains, find a loose edge and peel it away from the model. Remove any final traces with pliers or tweezers.
Example 3D prints using Breakaway
Design freedom with more materials: Breakaway is compatible with ABS, Nylon, PLA, Tough PLA, CPE, and CPE+, so it’s ideal for prototyping in the material you want.
Time and cost-effective: Quicker to remove and more affordable than other support materials, Breakaway is also easy to store so stays usable for longer.
High-quality surface finish: Breakaway material has been developed to give reliable adhesion to your build material but peel away for a smooth and accurate model